Dog Training is about creating a good relationship with your dog, based on a sound understanding of dog behavior and learning theory.
Our Mission Statement
At Teamworks, our goal is to help you create a successful relationship with your dog by building trust and mutual understanding. We believe in and use family-friendly, humane training methods that enable effective communication between people and dogs. We teach our classes using positive-reinforcement based training and encourage the use of humane "people empowering" techniques. We do not use or tolerate harsh physical punishment-based methods, as that outdated style of training has been shown to damage the bond between dog and person, and often escalates aggression. We subscribe to and agree with the humane training standards set forth by the National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors, The Association of Pet Dog Trainers and the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behavior's recommendations for dog training.
- Our instructors have nationally recognized dog training titles or have passed a certification exam and participated in an apprentice program.
- Our organization is focused soley on dog training, as opposed to other businesses, who have might training services as an option, but not as a primary focus.
- We welcome all breeds and mixes! Most of our instructors have had personal experience with shelter / rescued dogs.
- Our team is unified in their training philosophy and curriculum, and offers a wide variety of classes and services at 3 locations.
- We have been in business for 10 years and have a staff of 20 experienced professionals to serve you.
- Rated "The Best of Raleigh" in Dog Training for 3 years in a row, we strive to give your family and your dog the best dog training experience.